We celebrated Walker's 4th birthday on Saturday with 8 of his closest friends. He wanted a pirate theme, so it only made sense that we have t

he party at a close friend's lake house on Lake Tuscaloosa. I had a blast planning the party...I tea-stained the invitations, which were written in pirate lingo and burned the edges; I made a treasure map table cloth from a sheet (also tea stained with burned edges); and I made a pirate ship cake and pirate cupcakes; When each child arrived t

hey were given a nametag with their pirate name, bandana and belt, a tattoo, and an eyepatch. Some of the kids had a mustache and beard drawn on their face. It was so cute. Then they decorated the handle of a sword that I cut out of cardboard. After everyone was ready, we started the treasure

hunt. Tim was in charge of this part. There were seven different clues that took the kids all over the property...one clue even suggested they get on the boat. Sailing Master Andy (a good friend) drove the
boat full of little pirates (and a few parents) across the lake to Tre

asure Island. They looked for treasure on the island and returned with another clue. I incorporated two games in with the hunt : Musical Islands (played like musical chairs but with large rocks) and Walk the Plank. After the treasure hunt we had cake and ice cream and Captain Walker D. Plank opened up all of his presents. It turned out to be a really great party with no major misshaps, the weather was fantastic, and the k

ids all seemed to have a great time. Happy Birthday, Walker!
5 comments:
Wow, wish I could have been on Walker's guest list! That sounded like SO much fun! Oh, and do you think you could plan Grant's 3rd b'day party for me? :) I'm amazed at how much you did- considering you are also taking care of 3 kids!!
How cute! The cake turned out really great. I hate that we were out of town and missed all the pirate fun!
Hey Anna! You did such a great job on Walker's party. It sounded like the kids had such a good time. Walker looked so cute!
I love the pirate theme--what a fun party!
I can vouch that the party was even more fun than the pictures show. "Earbeard Evan" had a great time! Good job, Anna. Philip's party Saturday will not be as impressive. :)
Post a Comment