Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pea Pods and Bumbos

It seems everytime I turn around, the baby equipment gurus are improving their products. When Riley was a baby, we had what I thought was the best stroller, baby swing, pack 'n play (the three even matched) and exersaucer new parents could ever want for their baby. Then when Walker came along, all the same products seemed to be a little more colorful, more appealing to baby, and easier to fold or carry. I found myself saying, "Hey, they didn't have that when my babies were little!" Now that we have Owen, the baby equipment gurus have definitely stepped it up and invented some wonderful products. I don't know how we lived without these:

1. Bumbo Seat

Many of you probably have this, but because it has been 4 years since our last baby, this one is all new to me. I love this product. Owen can sit in it and play or watch Baby Einstein. Amazingly, it provides just enough support for his upper body and he loves it. I like the way he fits snuggly in it and I don't have to worry about him sliding out of it. It is so light-weight that I can take it anywhere. I have even seen people with them in restaurants.



2. Pea Pod

I chunked the 'ole Pack 'n Play that none of my babies liked sleeping in (actually, I sold it in a consignment sale). Even though it had a net to elevate the mattress to seem more like a bassinet, Walker and Riley both hated it and didn't seem to sleep well when we traveled. I never really used it as a playpen, either. We were recently introduced to the Pea Pod by Kidco. It is basically an air mattress with a netting around it so baby doesn't scoot off. The best part, is that it folds up like a car shade and fits into its own bag. When we went to Chicago, we were able to fit it into a suitcase. Owen slept really well on it and I really like that it is so light-weight that you can move it around with one hand. It can be purchased at target.com for around $50.

So...those are my new favorite things right now! If you are a new mom or soon-to-be mom, these are must-haves for your sanity! :)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Hi Anna! I was excited to see the Bumbo as #1 on your list. I just gave one to my sister at one of her showers. I wanted to get her something big and important and practical and usable--all in one! :) Thanks for the affirmation!