*Friday - We went over to our friends, Shon and Shannan's house, where we ate pizza and watched Napoleon Dynamite. What a hilarious movie! I'm usually not one to enjoy dumb humor, but I love this movie. Riley and Walker had fun with their boys, Tate and Turner.
*Saturday- I went to the farmer's market here in town...now I'm hooked. I bought squash and zucchini while I was there. I wanted some blueberries and watermelon...maybe next week.
*Sunday - After church, we ate sandwiches at home, and put Walker down for an early nap. Around 2:00 pm we headed out to the lake with some of our best friends, Andy and Glisa, and their kids, Mary Hele
n and Andrew. Andy'sparents just bought a house on Lake Tuscaloosa..so cute, with a huge yard. Until Sunday, we had not been out there, and we had a great time. The kids swam and we all went on a boat ride. Their neighbors have a "UFO" (basically like a tube, pulled behind the boat, with three seats)...perfect for kids. We ate hamburgers, fresh corn on the cob...yum!, baked beans, and Symphony bar brownies (to die for!). Tim and Andy played the kids in a game of baseball in the backyard. What a relaxing day!

*Monday- Tim had to work, but was surprised when his boss let them all go home around lunchtime. His parents came that evening and took us to eat at Outback. We took them to see some friends of ours farmhouse, that's going to be restored, and out to see Tim's boss' new house on the lake. We had a really good visit with them.
*Tuesday - I've been running on the treadmill at the gym 3 times a week. For the first time, on Tuesday, I ran outside in the neighborhood, mainly because the gym was closed, but also because I am going to run a 5K in the fall, and I need to get used to running outside. It was so hot, even at 7:00 am. !!!
After lunch, we went back out to the lake. Tim's boss and our close friends, Dua
ne and Suzanne, have a lakehouse,boats, jet skis... you name it. They call it Sunshine
Pointe. He also lives up thehill, and has a very nice pool. They were having a youth group day on the lake, and then at 6:30 pm invited the whole church out to watch fireworks and hear The David Greer band (a friend who now lives in Colorado). We let the kids swim in the pool and then ate dinner. They had cooked barbecue, chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs...a ton of food. We went down to the lakehouse and listened to the band, which was very good. There were so many people
there, and it was really a lot of fun. We watched an awesome fireworks show (that friends Andy and Greg put together), and then headed home around 9:45 pm, with very tired children.P.S. These are just a few of the pics from Sunday & Tuesday. There are more on the Flikr account.
6 comments:
The pictures are great! It looks like you had LOTS of fun for the 4th. What do you do with all these precious pictures in your camera?!
KC, we missed ya'll Tuesday at the lake. Did ya'll have a good holiday? I know, I have a ton of pics. Maybe one day I will get around to ordering them from Snapfish and actually scrapbooking with them!
We're very old-school and just have a regular camera, but I do have the hard copies. But I'm not a scrapbooker, so they pile up, unfortunately. And I have all the ones that didn't turn out so good. I was just curious if you printed all of them. They're so good!
What fun! I love the 4th of July. Good luck with the 5K training. I hear the word "run" and I'm already tired. :-)
Oh my goodness. How much fun!!!!! You need a wall of family love in your house. oh and ps i refuse to do scrapbooking for the very fact that they do just pile up. if i get them developed, It's a miracle!!
Sounds fun. Ah, the David Greer Band... miss those friends. I also can't believe how grown up all the kids are getting! Bet that makes things all the more fun.
Post a Comment