Before putting Riley to bed tonight, she informed us that tomorrow she would be getting ready for her wedding. This is not unusual...everyday, there is some kind of production or show (puppet show, ballet, or play). We asked her who she was going to marry and she said, "You, Daddy, of course!" Then she grabbed his hands and said, "We need to practice dancing for the wedding!" It was precious. As I was putting her in the bed, she said, "I am the princess, of course, Daddy will be the prince, you, Mommy will be the Queen and Walker will be the King." I'm not sure what time the wedding will take place, but, I am sure she will spend all day tomorrow getting ready for it. It is bound to be a royal event.

Just yesterday, I took her to get her portrait made. I had never used this photographer before, but he had taken Riley's picture at preschool, and I knew he was very good. He was talking to her, asking her all kinds of questions, one of which was, "Who's your boyfriend?" She said, "My Daddy!" That was the perfect answer. I am not ready for the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff and as long as she thinks her daddy is her boyfriend, the better.
4 comments:
haha! that is so sweet. yeah I know what you mean about the whole boyfriend thing...the same for me with aiden and he is only 10 mos old. Ill be one of those psycho moms and screw him up for life cause I'll be all...just remember baby, mommy loves you and you will never find a better more wonderful woman who loves you more! and give him a total complex so he wont kiss anyone til thirty.
What a sweetheart! That really made me smile today. I have always been daddy's girl (although I'm really a momma's girl too.)Your husband must have loved that.
I remember when I was watching her one time & she told me "My daddy is pregnant." When I asked her what that meant she said "That means he will have a baby for all seasons." I just started laughing. At the same time, it freaked me out that I was having this discussion with my niece!! However, if she began to ask questions I was prepared to respond with "I don't know but ask your mommy or daddy." I was not touching that one with a 10 foot pole.
Save this post until she's a teenager and remind her that daddy is her boyfriend when she asks to go out with some little punk. ;)Between Tim, Greg and all the other men in her life, she doesn't have a chance! I'm already dreading the day that Clayton has a girlfriend. It had better be when he's 30.
Post a Comment