Monday, June 19, 2006
A Weekend for Daddies
I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. It was very busy for us, but a lot of fun, too. Friday night we ate at "Tokyo", a Japanese steakhouse, here in Tuscaloosa. It was wonderful, and served as a pre-Father's Day meal. It had been a long time since we had eaten there (not on our list of usual restaurants), mostly because we weren't sure if Riley and Walker would eat anything on the menu. They did great. They both loved the rice, liked the chicken o.k. , and Walker loved the soup...glorified chicken broth with some mushrooms and scallions. I felt sorry for the chef at our table, though. All of the tricks he tried, seemed to flop...he couldn't even get the lighter to light so that he could do the whole "volcano made out of the onion" trick. It was obvious he was new and needed a little more practice. Tim and I both ordered chicken and shrimp and it was fabulous! I even brought leftovers home. Saturday, we went to Birmingham. We ate lunch with my family (my brother and sister came from Nashville). We had Jim 'N Nick's bar-be-que...mmmm! We stayed there long enough for Walker to take a good nap, and then headed over to Tim's parents' house. They only live about 15 minutes away from each other, so it makes it really nice when we need to see both sets of grandparents. Riley and Walker got to see their great-grandfather, Big Papa and great-grandmother, Granny. It is really neat seeing them interact with their great-grandparents, and something I hope they remember. On Sunday, we ate lunch at home, and took naps...all four of us!! This one will probably go down in the record books. When I asked Tim what he wanted to do on Sunday, he told me he wanted to eat at home (so everyone could eat what they wanted and there wouldn't be any fussing at the table), and he wanted to take a looooong nap in his recliner. Well, he got exactly what he wanted. The kids gave him some pictures for his desk at work that I had framed, some new shorts (that he needed badly), and a gift certificate (so he can go back and watch episodes of 24 he hasn't already seen). After church Sunday night, we went to "Swen", a Chinese restaurant. He and I split the Mongolian Beef...very good. Except for Saturday, I feel like I have been to Asia and back. Anything for a wonderful husband and father! Happy late Father's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend. I heard Tim saying that about lunch on Sunday and I thought that was very thoughtful for the kids' sake. We love to nap on Sunday afternoons, as well!
Tokyo..YUM! I'm dying to try the new Japanese place on 15th Street. Swen...what do you get there? I can't find anything I like. You know I'm a China Fun girl. Yikes! I just don't pay attention to the surroundings when I pick up my food.
Tes, the only thing I have gotten there is Mongolian beef and fried rice. The older I get, the weirder I am about restaurants. I can not sit facing the kitchen...it just freaks me out. But, overall Swen is my favorite in Tuscaloosa.
Post a Comment