Tuesday, November 13, 2007

B is for....

Baby

Owen is now 4 months old, and growing like a weed. I can't believe four months has already gone by! Here is what is going on with him right now:


  • He is smiling and laughing a lot. He has this deep, belly laugh that cracks us all up.

  • He grabs at toys and books.

  • He likes to sit in his bouncy seat, and Bumbo seat (see previous post), but does not like the swing.

  • He slept throught the night, last night (8:00 pm - 5:00 am!!!!) and he has been doing great with naps.

  • He has great head and body control. He has been leaning forward, some, too.

  • He loves his passy, but lately, has taken an interest in his fists.

  • He is so laid back and pretty much goes with the flow (I don't think he has much choice, though).

  • He loves to be outside.

  • He follows moving objects with his eyes.




Birthday

Tim's grandfather (Big Poppa to Riley, Walker, and Owen) turned 92 last week. We celebrated with a family get-to-gether at Macaroni Grill. Here are a few pics from the evening:


Walker, Riley, DD (Tim's mom) and Big Poppa


Riley reading her "birthday story" to Big Poppa



Belt

Lately, Walker has been infatuated with a certain elastic belt. It came wth a pair of jeans that he has long since outgrown. It has a plastic buckle and must be very comfortable, because he wears it all day long and to bed at night. We have learned that the belt has several different uses. Here are some of them:

1. a "head light" or thingy that miner's wear so they can see in the mine (where he came up with this one, I have no idea...)


2. a lasso (great for catching the family dog, Rudy)


3. a fishing pole...if you can picture Walker standing on the piano bench, holding one end of the belt and slinging it...all in an effort to "catch" the chandelier. I didn't take a picture of this one, for fear I would encourage the craziness.



4. last but not least...a holder for his beloved swords. I bet you had no idea that a belt could be so useful :)


Basketball

Riley is about to start playing Upwards basketball. Upwards is a really well-organized, instructional, church league for children. She played Upwards soccer a few years ago and decided she wanted to try basketball. She is so excited and practices every day. It is so nice to have such a self-motivated child! Practices start in December and games start in January.



Brothers

I have to end this post with a picture that I just love. The picture itself isn't that great, but it is worth a thousand words. While I was putting a load of laundry in to wash, Walker decided he wanted to be near his brother and this is how I found them...


3 comments:

Anna Leigh said...

I am so glad to get caught up on what has been going on at the Dreyfus household. Owen sure is getting big and he is so adorable! He reminds me of Walker, who reminds me of you, so I think they both look like you. Riley looks more like Tim to me. She looks like a great basketball player, too!

love ya
Anna Leigh

Anonymous said...

Anna, Your family is so precious! Owen is a doll, just like the other two!
~Amy Conner

Mommy of Boys said...

I love all the B's and the pictures....especially the one of Big Poppa, the kids and Tim's mom. ;) (that means I'm winking)