I have to share a new recipe that I found in Southern Living. I fixed this for some friends, Tuesday night, and we all gobbled it up!
Chicken Cobbler Casserole
6 T. melted butter, divided
4 c. cubed sourdough rolls
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
2 medium-size sweet onions, sliced....I used 1 onion
1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 c. white wine....I used 3/4 c. wine and 1/4 c. chicken broth
1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. drained and chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers
2 1/2 c. shredded cooked chicken
Toss 4 T. butter with rolls, cheese, and parsley; set aside. Saute onions in remaining 2 T. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms and saute 5 minutes. Stir in wine, soup, peppers, and chicken; cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish...I used one of my smaller 13x9 pans and it worked fine. Top evenly with bread mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I like any recipe that I can prepare ahead of time and I was able to do that with this one. Just make sure that you prepare the bread mixture right before you put it in the oven.
Hope you enjoy it as much as our family did.
5 comments:
That sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
ooooh ill have to try that one! thanks!
This looks yummy, Anna.
yum. thank you anna!
When are you going to update??? I'm having withdrawals!
Post a Comment