I'm back. I've been in a blogging slump lately, but I think I am back to my old self.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. Tim and I have definitely grown over the past month. The experience of having a miscarriage strengthened our faith in God and our marriage. We are so thankful for good friends that held us, prayed with us and over us, cried with us, fed us, and looked for ways to serve us. My all time favorite Bible verse is Isaiah 40:28-31. I have it posted on my refrigerator because it reminds me every day just how powerful our Lord is. It says:
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
This verse says to me that God understands every trial that I am going through, and he is going to give me enough strength to get through it. Our Sunday school class is studying the book of James this quarter. How appropriate! James 1:2 says:
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. "
A friend of mine made the statement the other day that God picks us to experience certain trials. He knows me so well that he actually picked me to suffer through this and he is going to give me the strength to perservere. To top it all off, he is going to be with me every step of the way. What an awesome and reassuring thought!
Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers! Happy Friday!
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. Tim and I have definitely grown over the past month. The experience of having a miscarriage strengthened our faith in God and our marriage. We are so thankful for good friends that held us, prayed with us and over us, cried with us, fed us, and looked for ways to serve us. My all time favorite Bible verse is Isaiah 40:28-31. I have it posted on my refrigerator because it reminds me every day just how powerful our Lord is. It says:
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
This verse says to me that God understands every trial that I am going through, and he is going to give me enough strength to get through it. Our Sunday school class is studying the book of James this quarter. How appropriate! James 1:2 says:
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. "
A friend of mine made the statement the other day that God picks us to experience certain trials. He knows me so well that he actually picked me to suffer through this and he is going to give me the strength to perservere. To top it all off, he is going to be with me every step of the way. What an awesome and reassuring thought!
Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers! Happy Friday!
3 comments:
yay! Im so glad youre back! we have def. been praying for you. (Jamin and I) Your faith in God is so strong. We will continue praying!
oh and ps. due to recent issues, I had to make my blog private. its maloneage@gmail.com if you want to email me and that way I can give you an invite to read up...love ya girl!
Anna, I am so glad you are back on the blog. You and Tim have been in my prayers. Love you.
Glad you're back!
Post a Comment