Yesterday was Riley's first day of Kindergarten. She has a wonderful teacher, who is very organized, energetic, and has a sugary sweet personality....three very important traits for a Kindergarten teacher to possess, in my opinion. Open house was Wednesday afternoon, so everything was fresh on Riley's mind yesterday morning. She remembered where her room was, what it looked like, and her teacher was a familiar face. Her classroom is decorated in bright colors, with books everywhere. Riley is in hog heaven. She did really well yesterday morning when we left her in her classroom. She didn't cry and to my surprise, neither did I!!
Today, when I dropped her off, she did even better. I had to remind her to sign her name in the notebook, but after that she went straight to her table and got to work. When I picked her up, today, she couldn't stop talking about all the fun things they did. Her favorite was looking for clues that Chester the Raccoon left. They went searching all over the school...library, music room, art room, cafeteria, and office...looking for Chester. Finally when they got back to their room, he had left a note and a treat. Riley's teacher told me that Riley found the note and read it to the class. She is such a big girl.

5 comments:
I cannot believe this!!! I can't believe she is in school!!! Just the other day we were waiting for her to be born. I'm so proud of her!!
I just asked Tim how things went. So glad that everyone handled the transition well. I was thinking about you all day Thursday! She looks so big!
What a sweet, big girl. I feel a little emotional that she's so grown up too! We are so blessed by you all!
wow...im impressed that she and you are doing so well!
How exciting! My sister is a kindergarten teacher so I know how the very first day of school can be sad, exciting, and scary all at once. I'm glad Riley is doing so well. I'm even more impressed that you are!
Post a Comment